Why I Moved to Substack: More than Just a Platform Shift | tekAura | We squash Bugz

We squash Bugz

Wordpress & Drupal, Integrations & Migrations, Admin & Software Dev

Why I Moved to Substack: More than Just a Platform Shift

After years of writing on Blogspot and Medium, I’ve made the jump to Substack, and it wasn’t a decision I took lightly. These platforms have been a wonderful space for me to share ideas and engage with readers. But like everything, growth is key, and Substack offers something different — something that’s hard to pass up.

Growth-Centric Features for Writers
Substack isn’t just a place to publish; it’s a place to grow. One of the standout features for me was their recommendation system. Substack makes it easy for readers who love your work to discover other like-minded writers. This collaborative ecosystem helps amplify voices, whether you’re just starting out or you’re an experienced writer looking to expand your audience.

Collaboration & Referrals
On Medium, collaboration often felt siloed. Substack takes a different approach, offering collaboration tools that allow writers to work together more seamlessly, which I believe fosters a richer exchange of ideas. Plus, their referral program is a brilliant way to organically grow your audience through trusted networks. Readers referring readers — it’s as simple as that, and it’s powerful.

Ownership & Flexibility
While I loved my time on Blogspot and Medium, Substack gives more control over my audience and my content. It allows me to build a direct, personal relationship with readers, free from algorithms dictating who sees my posts.

So, I’m excited to dive deeper into this new chapter on Substack. If you’ve followed me here, I hope you stick around for what’s next — there’s plenty more to come!

Share this:

ABOUTME

I was hippie-born, raised on Science and Invention on a nuclear mesa, SCAdian before I knew the Society, Technomancer before I played the game, creative genius breaking the shackles of Corporate America.

Owner of tekAura, an Information Technology & Design Consultancy involved in projects concerning Human Dynamics & Sustainability in relation to Computing and Technology, Collective creativity & Hackerspaces, SaaS & Cloud Computing, Home & Manufacturing Automation.

Artfully applies Sustainability, Disaster Recovery, Open Source and Agile Industry Best Practices to boost innovation and facilitate Organic Collaboration and Continuous Process Improvement.

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment